Thursday, September 11, 2008

Printing Compositions

Printing Compositions



This was my first contact sheet. As you can see the two portraits that I used are lightly circeled with a marker. My time was 8 seconds, and I had an aperture of 2.8 and I also had to use a filter to take out the greyness, which was a filter of 1.5


This was my second contact sheet which contained my landscape and my still life pictures. My time was 3 seconds and i had an aperture of 2.8. The fact that all these pictures had pretty much all the same lighting, it made it very easy for me to figure out all my other times.

Test Strips



My test strip which had a filter of 2. Aperture of 2.8 and seconds were 4,6,8
This is the test strip for the picture with the flower. I do not have the seconds for this, but the aperture is 2.8

This is the test strip for the picture with the chair. Like I had mentioned before the original picture did have a dog in it...hence the dog. Seconds were 1,2,3,4 and I had an aperture of 2.8



This is the first print that i got. The time was 6.5 seconds and i had an aperture of 5.6. As you can see the light shining all over, but mainly on one side of her face, which gives us this shadow on the other side of her face.

This was the second print that i did. I had 4 seconds, an aperture of 2.8 and I had to put in a filter to get rid of the greyness in the picture. The filter that I had to add was not too high. It was a filter of 2

This was my first landscape picture. I like the picture very much because of the reflection in the water. The times that i used was 11 seconds and I an aperture of 5.6.

This is my second landscape picture. The times were pretty easy to find because of my contact sheet, and all the lighting was pretty much the same. The time was 3 seconds and the aperture was 2.8

This was my first still life picture. The original picture was a picture that involved more things, for example more chairs inside the house and a dog. But because I needed something still life I had to zoom up and basically cut out the rest of the picture. I remember the whole picture had 3 seconds, but because I was zooming up I had to double it, but I decided to make it 10 seconds just to be safe with an aperture of 2.8. It turned out alright.

Because I misunderstood the still life section of our project I took a picure of a flower, which technically is alright, but it would have been better if it were in a vas. But because I did not have any other still life pictures, and I did not have anytime to take more pictures, I had to use this. I personally really like this picture. It really shows the hard light, the fact that the rose is so bright, but still has shadows. The time was 3 seconds and my aperture was 2.8



No comments: