Thursday, September 11, 2008

Image Bank

Image Bank #1

The first picture I really enjoyed and it gave me a very calm look and feel. It is a picture of soft light and it was also a picture of landscape which matches perfectly with our assigment. I love how those big pieces of rock are in the middle, but yet it still doesn't feel like it is the main point of the picture in a way.
I was not able to find any information about the artist except for the fact that his name is Jakub Krechowicz and that he is a polish photographer.

Image Bank #2

The second picture is a potrait picture and it so happens to have that hard light touch to it. I though this picture was very interesting and unusual because you can only see the man's face, and thats it. The rest of the body is completely gone, because of the way the lighting is done. I am able to tell that they focused the lighting just on the face of the person, which gives it a bit of a hard light affect. The photographer of this picture are a father and daughter team from Ireland, who have won many awards and are known for their good wedding and portrait photos. They go by the name of Paddy and Emma Clarke.
Image Bank #3
My final image bank picture is a picture that I like very much. I think the angle and the way its taken is so interesting. It happens to be a picture of still life, which in this case is a stair case. I love how you can see the whole stair case but only a few of the actual stairs. I love the affect of the carpet on the stairs too. I feel that it gives such a good and interesting view. This picture was take by a photographer named Carlos Borges from Portugal. He has worked with cameras and has been playing around with them for about 20 years, and finally decided to actually do something with it. He gets his influences from movies and video clips. He likes pictures with low lighting and likes the dark affects.

No comments: