Thursday, February 5, 2009

Assignment 6 February, 2009 - Image Bank

Image Bank




















The Artist is William Gedney, who is known for
documentary pictures and narrative pictutres.
William Gedney was born in 1932 and died of
AIDS in 1967. His photographs are now all
known and famous around the world.

I choose this picture because it does have somewhat
a relation to my project. It is narrative in the sense
that it has the same "genre". It might not be an
actual story, but both of the pictures represent
a theme. I really like this picture because it occured
to me that in both pictures at least one person is not
visable, which I thought was very interesting.


http://photography-now.net/jem_southam/portfolio1.html

Unfortunatly I was not able to copy the picture that I wanted to
my blog, so here is the link to the pictures.

Jem Southam is a British Photgrapher, born in 1950.
He is a professer at the University of Plymouth.
He has written many books and has had a lot of exhibitons.
When looking through his portfolio, it is noticable what his
theme is. He tends to stick to landscape pictures.

The picture that I am talking about is on page 26 of his portfolio.
I like this picture a lot because it is two pictures of the same area,
but what it seems to be, is that it is at different seasons, or different
times of the day. I like this, even thought it is not an obvious story
it still has somes sort of a message behind it.
















No comments: