Thursday, November 20, 2008

Printing Compostions (3)








Printing Compositions












This picture has an aperture of 2.8 and because the negative was so dark i had to have the time of 45 seconds. As you can see, the pictures that are circled are the three pictures that I choose.  This was my first contact sheet, which was also the best.

This is my second contact sheet, and it has the aperture of 2.8 and the time was also 
45 seconds. Unfortunately these pictures did not turn out because the background was not very good, and a lot of these pictures seemed to be rather blurry. 

















I did not have many test strips but here I will display 2 ( I was not able to get my test strip for my third picture.)

The time is 70, 75, 80, 85 and the aperture is 2.8
This picture is rather grey, so when I did my full and final print, I had to go a lot higher with my time to try and really get it darker. The final result was that it turned out darker, but was still grey.




















The time for this test strip was 100, 110, 120. The aperture was 2.8, and because it was also very grey I added a filter of 3. This did help a little  bit, because in the final print I was able to see the black a lot better. In the final print I did go higher in time. 



















I only had one medium size picture of one of my full prints, because the other ones were thrown away by accident. The time was 145 seconds, and the aperture was 4. This picture still to me feels too grey, but there was not much I could do more. The white does stand out in the picture, but not enough to distract it from the grey colour in the picture.


No comments: