Wednesday, November 19, 2008


Image Bank

Number 1

There is something I really like about this picture. It feels so real. Having a famous person looking at their own picture in a magazine. I love the expression, and the way it really captures the reaction, and it seems so real. I does not feel as if the model was put in a room, with a bunch of lights around her. It feels as if it would just be any other picture. Seeing as our project is about "hair" I thought it was cool that the models hair was such an " out of bed look". It really added that extra "reality" to it.

The artist is Terry Richardson, who is a well-known photographer in is generation. He started out in high school and since then he never stopped. He has photographed for magazines such as Harpers Bazaar, British Vogue, French Vogue; he has worked with people such as Leonardo DiCaprio, Pharrell Williams, Justin Timberlake, Kanye West, and many more.














Number 2

I really like this picture. It somewhat reminds me of the setting of one of my own pictures. I love the facial expressions. I also really like the lighting (also the contrast) and the way it shins differently on the two people, even though they are so close to each other. I also find it interesting that the fist think I personally noticed was the hair, which connects with our own project.

The artist is Autumn de Wilde, who is known for taking portraits of a lot of celeberties. There is not much information on her, other than she is an American Photographer, and she was born in 1970.















Number 3

The moment I saw this picture, I really liked it. The way the picture is taken with the light is so different than most other portrait photographs. I love how the light shines on one part of the womans face, and then the other part is still visable, but a lot darker. I personally really love this picture, and the angle that it was taken at. The way it was taken from such a close distance, but yet not direct in the face. The face is at the side of the photograph and not in the middle.

The photographer is a dutch woman named Carla van de Puttelaar. She is a well known photograoher. She has also won many different types of awards for her work. When looking at her photographs, we mainly just see pictures of woman and most of them are in the nude.


No comments: