Monday, October 6, 2008

Image Bank (lighting p.2)




Image Bank #1







This is my first image for my image bank. This picture is taken by photographer Jerry Avenaim. Mr. Avenaim started out his career working for Patrick Demarchelier, and then later he went to Italy to work for Vogue. Jerry Avenaim is a well known photographer. He is based in LA and has his pictures published all over the world.
I personally really like this picture because it's a bit different. I would consider it a fashion shot. A man wearing a nice smart looking suit, but yet acting a bit silly at the same time. I like this picture because its really very simple, but yet it's interesting at the same time.




Image Bank #2











This picture was taken by photographer Eve Arnold. Eve Arnold was born in America, but afterwards moved to the UK. Her first solo exhibition was in Brooklyn in 1980's.
In 1995, Eve was made Master Photographer, International Center of Photography, New York, USA.

I personally really like this picture. I love the lighting. Even though it is black and white, we still can see that the model was lying down in the sun. I felf like this picture had to do with our project, because it showed the different lighting, and second of all, it could also be concidered as a fashion picture (the clothes).

Image Bank #3
For the last picture, I was not able to get the picture onto this website, so here is the link to the picture. http://www.terencedonovan.co.uk/flash.html
It is a picture of a woman with a earring, and the picture is mainly focused on the earring.
This picture was taken by photographer, Terence Donovan. At the age of 11 he attended the London School of Photo-Engraving. He left at the young age of 15 to be a photographer's assistant. He opened his own photograpic studio at the age of 22 and the studio was a great success.
I really like this picture. The way the model is looking right into the camera but yet she doesn't seem to be 100% focused. I love the fact that we get the woman in the picture and the earring.

No comments: