Saturday, December 13, 2008

Claustrophobia Image Bank

Claustrophobia
Image Bank























This picture was taken by the photographer Thomas Barbey.
Thomas Barbey is an American photographer who moved to Switzerland at a very young age. After he stopped university he decided to go into the Music world. He was a hit in the Italy and worked with many other people. It was not untill the 1990's when he started a Fashion studio. He does a lot of travelling and his inspirations are Rene Magritte and others.

I really like this picture. I think its so amazing, the way the hand holds the city in its palm, and it is as if the city is made out of sand, meaning that it could crash any second. I feel like this relates to this project because even though this is a city, imagine being surrounded by something and it could just "kill" you in any second. Its overwhelming, and just looking at it makes me feel like I'm in some small little place.

Image Bank # 2
















This is my second image which is taken by the photographer Andre Kertesz.
Mr. Kertesz was a Hungarian photographer who probably should have gotten more recognision when he was still alive. He is now a lot more recognized than at the time though.

I love this picture and I also hate it at the same time. The reason I like it so much is because it is so random...A bunch of chairs put together in a park is definatly not something you would see everyday. The reason why I don't like it is because its too messy for me, and that is what makes it claustrophobia to me. I do not mind when things are scattered, but now it just looks messy.















This picture was taken by photographer named Elad Gutman. He was born in 1980 and he is from Israel. He used to be in the Isreali army and was in the photo unit. He then later became a fashion photographer assistant for a short period of time. He now does a lot of freelance, and he gets a lot of oppertunity to travel the world.

The moment I saw this picture I thought it was really good. The first thing I said to myself was "wow" and then i realized how uncomfortable it made me feel. I love being in big cities and having people around me...being alone in the middle of nowhere scares me, but this picture really gave another twist to loving the city and all the people. I feel so claustrophobic when I look at this picture, and I am definatly glad I'm not apart of that crowd. All the pushing and shoving around...? No thank you.





No comments: